How to Style a Bookshelf When You Have a Lot of Books


 I'm not getting to deny it, i really like watching a wonderfully styled a bookshelf with many breathing space and much of interestingly displayed objects. There are many great posts out there that break down the formula for your perfectly styled bookshelf and this post isn’t that!

However, many folks need our bookshelves to act as just that, an area to carry our books. do not feel bad if you do not have all leather and gold bound books or a separate room in your house just to carry your well worn and dog-eared paperbacks. 

There are ways to form bookshelves with majority books look a touch more curated and that i can show you ways . I’m sharing 4 tips to form your bookcases or built-ins look collected, curated, and intentional… as against chaotic and non-cohesive. Click through for the post! 


1.Source Books on a Budget


While I even have a reasonably large, existing collection of books, I still needed to shop for more to fill this massive built-in. I always underestimate the quantity of books I’ll got to fill shelves. It takes tons . My favorite place to shop for books that fit our budget is that the thrift store. 90% of my books cost under $4.


Thrifting books are often a touch time consuming, but you’ll find yourself saving many money. I search for a couple of various things when buying books- color, material , and size. attempt to find material that's interesting to you, things you’d actually read or discussion points you’re passionate about… books you’d actually enjoy having in your home. 


2. Display Books By Size And Use Bookends


If you'll adjust your shelves, i prefer to stay the highest shelves a touch smaller. I keep all of my shorter paperbacks in these upper shelves. This uniformity and above eye level placement keeps you from that specialize in this area an excessive amount of . If you would like almost the entire width of the shelf for books, adding in bookends may be a good way to form it look more intentional. i prefer to stay the peak of my books consistent between bookends.


To get the foremost bang for your buck you'll stack books large to small against the sting of the shelf and hack the bookend pair onto two different shelves. celebrate with the bookends, they do not need to be scholarly. you would like to hook people together with your along with your quirky objects only to impress them with your great taste in literature.


3.Stick With a Uniform Color Palette 


When I’m buying books, I attempt to keep color mind. That’s to not say I stick with 3-4 colors… I buy a bunch of various colors, but am careful to avoid any extreme anomalies (neon pink, bright green, sunshine yellow, etc). Anything which will drastically stand out from the remainder of my collection, I leave behind. That’s to not say I don’t own some bright books- I just keep those organized during a drawer or cabinet, out of sight. 


Sticking to a unified palette will make your built-ins feel more curated and can make shelf styling easier. In my case, I even have tons of black, green, blue, gray, mustard, burgundy, brown, beige, etc. It’s a huge color palette, but I’m intentional in leaving out extremely saturated hues.


Once you begin styling, make certain to combine a spread of colours throughout. for instance , I wouldn’t group all of my blue books on one side of the built-in. attempt to scatter blue books throughout… that way there isn’t a robust concentrated color field in one area. You’ll want the built-in or bookcase to read as one unit, in terms of color.


4. Flip the Spine for Texture and Better Color Balance


Last, but never least, I’ll flip a number of the spines inward toward the rear of the shelf, in an attempt to balance color and texture. I even have tons of books with black & blue spines and my shelves were feeling pretty dark and ominous. 

It just took flipping a couple of to relax the whole built-in. I attempt to be selective with this and flip books that we've already read or won’t ask again (for convenience). this is often actually a controversial styling move, but it’s one that I like… and it works for our household.


Conclusion


There you've got it… 04 of my top shelf styling tips that I hope are helpful if you’re also getting to go “heavy on the books”. It’s a glance i actually like, think is functional, and makes the foremost of lovely built-ins. If you’re interested to choose bookcases for lot of books we shared it  1 years ago. As always, i really like hearing your thoughts within the comment section below! Please let me know if you've got any questions or other tips I should add.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ergonomic Health Benefits Of Saddle Sitting

Tips To Find The Best Office Chair For Short Person

HIP PAIN SOLUTIONS - ERGONOMICS AND CURE